‘How Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me’ – Justice Okoro Makes Shocking Revelation
Justice John Inyang Okoro, yesterday wrote a letter to the Nigeria Judicial Council. He is one of the judges in the DSS raid. Below are 6 things he said in the four-paged letter.
1. The DSS searched all the rooms in the house meticulously and took away the following items: · One(1) I Pad · Three phones( only one active) · USD 38,800 · N3.5m · Cheque books (Four in number)
2. Explaining the money found in his house justice Okoro said: “I told them that having received the sum of USD24,000 and £10,000, a year, for the past three years of my sojourn in the court as annual medical/vacation allowances, and having not spent more than £5,000 on each of three trips I have so far made abroad. I was entitled to have more than the amount recovered from me.”
3. He alleged that failing to cooperate with Rotimi Ameachi was why he was fingered. “Mr. Amecahi said APC mandated him to inform me that they must win their election Appeals in respect of Rivers State, Akwa Ibom State and Abia State at all costs.”
4. Rotimi Ameachi Sponsored the Akwa Ibom candidate Umana O. Umana “For Akwa Ibom State, he alleged that he sponsored Mr. Umana Umana, candidate of APC for the election and if he lost Akwa Ibom appeal, he would have lost a fortune.”
5. Umana will pay him millions “Mr. Ameachi also said that he had already visited you and that you had agreed to make me a member of the panel that would hear the appeals. He further told me that Mr. Umana would be paying me millions of Naira monthly if I co-operated with them.”
6. Justice Okoro said he reported the issue of Ameachi’s bribery attempt to the CJN “”I strongly believe that my travail is not undermined but with the verbal report I made to you on 7th February, 2016 about the visit to my official residence by Honourable Rotimi Amaechi, former Governor of Rivers State and now Minister of Transportation.”