Apostle Suleman’s N1billion Suit Against Stephanie Otobo adjourned till February 2018 | Nigeria Newspaper- Nigeria News| Naija News

18.11.17

Apostle Suleman’s N1billion Suit Against Stephanie Otobo adjourned till February 2018

By

Apostle Suleman?s N1b Suit Against Stephanie Otobo adjourned till February 2018
The defamation suit filed by the President/Founder of Omega Fire Ministry, Apostle Johnson Suleman, against Canada-based lady Stephanie Otobo stalled on Thursday as the defendant was absent in court. Suleman filed the lawsuit against 23-year Otobo, after the latter claimed that she was into a romantic relationship with him.

The cleric is seeking N1bn damages for the alleged defamation of his character by Otobo.
But Otobo was absent before Justice Adedayo Oyebanji of the Lagos State High Court in Ikeja, where the matter came up for hearing on Thursday. She was also not represented by any lawyer.

Suleman’s lawyer, E.L. Akpofure (SAN), said despite being served with court papers and hearing notices, Otobo failed to enter any appearance.

The SAN said though he had already, on behalf of his client, filed an application seeking interlocutory injunction against Otobo, it was unfortunate that the application could not be taken due to Otobo’s absence.

Akpofure said, “My Lord, our motion is very ripe for hearing but sadly, the defendant is not in court, neither is she represented. The defendant has refused o enter appearance in this matter despite the fact that she has been duly served with hearing notices. I would have said that My Lord should hear the motion, but I suggest that things be done the right way and another hearing notice be reissued to the defendant.”

Justice Oyebanji also noted that there was proof that Otobo was served with the hearing notice, she did not appear and was not represented.

He, however, said another hearing notice would be issued and served on her, while adjourning the matter until February 7, 2018.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Latest News