Nigeria Newspaper- Nigeria News| Naija News

22.1.19

Atiku Gives Appointment To 18-Year Old Star Actress, Regina Daniels

By With No comments:
 Atiku Gives Appointment To 18-Year Old Star Actress, Regina Daniels
Regina Daniels
 
Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party has appointed Regina Daniels as Coordinator Nollywood under the office of the special adviser on youth and support group to H.E Atiku Abubakar.
 
She is expected to help Atiku in mobilizing people to vote for him massively in the presidential election of February, 16, 2019.
 
Atiku Gives Appointment To 18-Year Old Star Actress, Regina Daniels
 
Regina Daniels accepted the appointment with a lengthy note below:
 
"I'm Regina Daniels. Proud to be 100% Atikulated with Atiku Abubakar who is in the race to become Nigeria's next President. I accept my appointment as Youth Campaign Coordinator For Nollywood with humility and youthful zeal. Atiku is a youth-friendly leader who has assured that every 4 out of 10 of his cabinet will be a youth. The drift is brazen. The nation is at crossroads. The land bleeds from hunger and inertia. It's time to steer the ship away from caput. From Bama to Bori, Aba to Abuja, kaura Namode to Kaduna, the sky is gloomy. 
Time for Nigerian Youths to join me and vote Atiku/Obi 2019 to protect our future."
 
Atiku Gives Appointment To 18-Year Old Star Actress, Regina Daniels
 
The 18 year old petite actress is very influential on Instagram. She has about 2.8 million followers on the picture and video-uploading social network.

Messaging App, WhatsApp Makes Major Announcement

By With No comments:
Messaging App, WhatsApp Makes Major Announcement
 
WhatsApp is limiting worldwide the number of times a user can forward a message to five, starting on Monday, the popular messaging service looks to fight “misinformation and rumours”, company executives said on Monday.
 
Previously, a WhatsApp user could forward a message to 20 individuals or groups.
 
The limit of five is in expansion of a measure WhatsApp put in place in India in July after the spread of rumours on social media led to killings and lynching attempts.
 
“We’re imposing a limit of five messages all over the world as of today,” Victoria Grand, Vice President for Policy and Communications at WhatsApp, said at an event in the Indonesian capital.
 
WhatsApp, which has around 1.5 billion users, has been trying to find ways to stop misuse of the app.
 
This followed global concern that the platform was being used to spread fake news, manipulated photos, videos without context, and audio hoaxes, with no way to monitor their origin or full reach.

21.1.19

34-year-old Woman On Ketogenic Diet Shares Shocking Weight Transformation Photos

By With No comments:
34-year-old Woman On Ketogenic Diet Shares Shocking Weight Transformation Photos
Suzanne
 
A woman, Suzanne Ryan, 34, from San Francisco, California, who weighed nearly 300lbs has lost more than 100 pounds after embarking on ketogenic diet.
 
The woman shared her photos on social media, according to Dailymail.
 
She revealed that the weight left her unhappy until she was able to find success on the keto diet, which focuses on foods high in fat and low in carbohydrates. 
 
Four years later, mother-of-one Suzanne has lost 120lbs and often shares her advice and recipes to her 260,000 followers on Instagram, revealing to her fans that the main focus for her weight loss was a desire to get healthy for her daughter, Olivia. 
'One of the many reasons I decided to fight and get healthy. After Olivia was born I had a whole new purpose in life. 

'I wanted desperately to be healthy, not only for myself, but for her. I wanted to be a good example, to enjoy life and to have the energy to keep up with her. Today, she graduated from pre-k and as I sat there in a tiny chair meant for 4-5 year olds, I quickly thought about how this day would have felt if I were still 300+ lbs. 

'Those low chairs would have killed my knees, but I likely wouldn’t have sat down at all due to fear of the chair breaking. Sometimes it’s the little things that hit me. These are the times when I see and remember how much anxiety and discomfort I felt in my body and mind. 

'And while life after losing weight is far from perfect, I feel so thankful for my health, my family, and the ability to change.'
 
Now, Suzanne is eager to share that change with others, in the hopes of inspiring them to take control of their own health and happiness. 
 
By following the keto diet Suzanne says she was forced to become more aware of what ingredients she put in her body and how to create meals she would want to eat, a knowledge that helped her to be better and better about understanding what she should be eating and when. 
 
After one year on keto, Suzanne was able to naturally lose 100lbs, a total that has since increased.  
 
See more photos below:
 
34-year-old Woman On Ketogenic Diet Shares Shocking Weight Transformation Photos
34-year-old Woman On Ketogenic Diet Shares Shocking Weight Transformation Photos
34-year-old Woman On Ketogenic Diet Shares Shocking Weight Transformation Photos
34-year-old Woman On Ketogenic Diet Shares Shocking Weight Transformation Photos

How I Gave Fayose $5 Million Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro

By With No comments:
How I Gave Fayose $5 Million Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro
Fayose surrounded by EFCC officials
 
According to a Premium Times report, Musiliu Obanikoro, a former minister on Monday testified that he was directed to pay money from public funds to a former governor of Ekiti State, Ayo Fayose.
 
Musiliu Obanikoro, a former minister of state for defence, gave evidence on Monday before Mojisola Olatoregun, a judge of the Federal High Court in Lagos during the trial of Mr Fayose.
 
Mr Obanikoro said he was directed to pay money to Mr Fayose from national security funds.
 
He said this while being led in evidence by the prosecuting counsel, Rotimi Jacobs, who is prosecuting the case on behalf of the anti-graft agency, EFCC.
 
Mr Fayose and his company, Spotless, are being prosecuted for alleged illegal diversion of funds of about N6.9 billion.
 
Mr Obanikoro told the court that, “on a Monday in June, 2014 I received a call from Mr Peter Ayodele Fayose, when we were approaching the gubernatorial election in Ekiti State, wanting to know if there is any message from National Security Adviser Col Sambo Dasuki but I replied no.

“But shortly after his call, a message came in from NSA saying certain amount of money will be received into the account that was opened to manage Boko Haram threat under my watch as minister of state for defence. NSA told me that Fayose will call me as to how he will receive the money.”

“A total equivalent of $5 million from National Security Adviser impress account was given to Fayose by the order of NSA.”
 
He also said that Mr Fayose introduced one “Biodun Agbele to me that he would be the one to receive the money for him which was done in Akure Airport because it was physical cash.”

“I had earlier wanted to transfer the dollars so that the Naira equivalent can be withdrawn in Ado Ekiti, which was the reason why I initially called Diamond Bank M.D but he replied that the bank does not have such capacity in Ado Ekiti for that huge amount of money.”
 
The former minister also told the court that due to the inability of the bank to pay the equivalent of the money in naira, he had to give physical cash of N200 million to Mr Fayose on June 5, 2014, from the National Security Adviser’s imprest account. He said another N2 billion was paid to Mr Fayose on the 16th of June 2014 from the same account.
 
He further informed the court that his late aide was in the meeting where Mr Fayose acknowledged the receipt of a total naira equivalent of $5m at Spotless hotel in Ado Ekiti, owned by Mr Fayose.
 
The counsel to Mr Fayose, Kanu Agabi, a senior advocate, applied for an adjournment to enable him to cross-examine Mr Obanikoro. He said the witness had said a lot in court and he would need time to look through his statements before cross-examining the witness.
 
The counsel to the 2nd defendant, Olalekan Ojo, a senior advocate, also urged the judge to adjourn the case to enable him to confer with his client on the evidence of the witness.
 
The judge, Mojisola Olatoregun, subsequently adjourned the case to February 4,5 and 6, 2019.
 
The EFCC is accusing the former governor and his company, Spotless, of receiving various funds from the office of former NSA, Dasuki Sambo. The monies are believed to have been meant for security tasks including funding the war against Boko Haram.
 
Part of the charge reads that “on June 17, 2014, Fayose and Agbele were said to have taken possession of the sum of N1.2 billion, for purposes of funding his gubernatorial election campaign in Ekiti State, which sum they reasonably ought to have known formed part of crime proceeds.”
 
The former governor was also alleged to have received a cash payment of $5 million (about N1.8 billion) from Mr Obanikoro, without going through any financial institution.
 
The offences contravened the provisions of sections 15(1), 15 (2), 15 (3), 16(2) (b), 16 (d), and 18 (c) of the Money Laundering Prohibition Act 2011.
 
Messrs Obanikoro and Fayose were allies and members of the opposition PDP during the period of the transaction. The former minister has, however, since joined Nigeria’s ruling party, APC, and is now a prosecution witness.

New IGP Adamu Disbans FSARS

By With No comments:
New IGP Adamu Disbans FSARS
 
Mohammed Adamu, the inspector general of police, has ordered the immediate disbandment of the federal special anti-robbery squad (FSARS).

Bashir Ahmaad, a media aide to President Muhammadu Buhari, made this known in a tweet on Monday.

“The Inspector General of Police, Mohammed A. Adamu has ordered the immediate disbandment of the Federal SARS, Special Investigation Panel and Special Tactical Squad. Details @PoliceNG,” he tweeted.
 


Speaking at his inaugural conference in Abuja on Monday, Adamu also directed that all quasi-investigation and operations outfits including the special investigation panel (SIP) and special tactical squad (STS) should also be disbanded.

“The proposed re-organisation will produce a new Special Anti-Robbery Unit which will be professional enough to protect the citizens in their line of duty, but uniquely potent enough to respond to any major weapon-related organised crimes in the swiftest and most ethical manner,” he said.

“While this initiative is being perfected, the operations of SARS which is currently centralised at the Force Headquarters is hereby decentralised: consequently, with immediate effect, the Commissioner of Police in each of the 36 Police Commands and the FCT is to assume full command and control authority on all SARS in their commands, while the FHQ Unit is, henceforth, subsumed under the command of the DIG FCIID.

“The impact of this is that the DIG FCIID and Command CPS shall from this date, not only assume administrative and operational control of SARS in their respective Commands, they shall also be directly held liable for any professional misconducts resulting from the operations of the Units in their Commands.

“Similarly, all quasi-investigation and operations outfits including the Special Investigation Panel (SIP) and Special Tactical Squad (STS) or any other such Teams under whatever name are hereby disbanded.”


Adamu also said a special election investigation team (SEIT) has been set up to carry out detailed investigations of all arrested electoral offenders across the country.

Tales of human rights violations by SARS operatives had flooded the social media and this resulted in the popular #EndSARS trend.

In August 2018, Vice President Osinbajo ordered Ibrahim Idris, former IG of police, to reorganise the unit and this led to the centralisation of the unit.

President Finally Bans Sports Betting

By With No comments:
President Finally Bans Sports Betting
President Yoweri Museveni
 
Uganda's President Yoweri Museveni has ordered his government not to issue or renew licences for sports betting firms, the country's Finance minister David Bahati has revealed.
 
Mr Bahati said President Museveni issued the directive because of the negative impact the betting craze has had on young people.
 
“We have received a directive from President Museveni to stop licensing sports betting, gaming and gambling companies. The President has now directed the board which has been regulating them.
From now onwards, no new companies are going to be licensed. Those which are already registered, no renewal of licences when they expire,” Bahati said on Sunday.

19.1.19

Czech Republic Offers Nigerians 4,000 Euros To Leave Their Country

By With No comments:
Czech Republic Offers Nigerians 4,000 Euros To Leave Their Country
Nigerians and other citizens of other countries offered money to leave Czech
 
The Czech Republic has decided to pay Nigerians and other migrants to encourage them to leave the central European country.
 
The offer is under a programme that focuses particularly on migrants from Afghanistan, Iraq, Nigeria, Mongolia, Russia, and Vietnam.
 
According to a report published on RemixNews, a Czech Republic-based newspaper, the Czech government would pay any migrants who would voluntarily leave the country and other EU countries 4,000 EUR.
 
The programme tagged ”Returns” established by the Czech Interior Ministry would assist immigrants with transportation costs and integration in their country of origin, including accommodation, household equipment or domestic animal expenses.

”Anyone who voluntarily leaves the country and promises not to return not only to the Czech Republic but to the EU will be eligible for the money,” the report said.

”Allocation for the program amounts to 60 million CZK, 75 percent is to be covered from the European Asylum, migration and integration fund. Each individual could get funds ranging between 40,000 and 100,000 CZK. First funded returns should be processed in the third quarter of 2019.”

Latest News